[Sänger] Chris Garneau - Indie Music's New Gay Star

MeVengo

chrisgarneautowleroaddp7.jpg

Chris Garneau [ www.chrisgarneau.com ] ist 24 jahre alt, er kann singen(flüstert seine Texte meist), Klavier spielen, hat sein erstes Album[Music For Tourists] in den Läden und ist schwul...

Vor kurzem habe ich bei MySpace aus langerweile mal wieder nach neuen Künstlern gesucht, nach langen suchen bin ich auf Chris Garneau gestoßen [ http://www.myspace.com/chrisgarneau ]. Auf seinem MySpace gab es sein erstes Video zu sehen "Relief" [

]. Ich war ab der erstes Sekunde des Videos in einer anderen Welt ... hatte sogar ein bisschen Gänsehaut wegen seiner Stimme. In dem Song geht es um eine gescheiterte Beziehung. Als zweites wollte ich mir einen weiteren Song anhören "We don't try" - diesen Song gibt es auch auf seinem MySpace.

I think about my friend who died,

And how her kids didn't get to say goodbye,

though neither did I,

no neither did I.

And neither did my friends,

though some of them pretend,

and its easy if you cry,

'cos you feel bad for yourself.

Wer ist dieser Mann mit dieser schönen Stimme? Bei Google fand ich viele Antworten - unter anderem fand ich heraus das er schwul ist ... wusste ich vorher nicht!

Kleiner Ausschnitt aus einem Interview[www.towleroad.com]:

While you were recording the album were you thinking about if you were going to be an openly gay artist?

Absolutely Kosher [the record company] asked me "How do you want to deal with press and publicity for being gay? Do you want it to be not mentioned at all, do you want to be out if people ask, do you want to be really forthright?" At that point I wasn't exactly sure. My feeling then was that I didn't want to be the gay piano-playing "fagitor" from Williamsburg who has a new album, "Music for Tourists." If anybody asks, or if gay press wants to run this feature or that, I thought, "Let's do it." I don't feel terribly political. I'm making music and I happen to be gay, and that's what's happening. If you want to hear about it, fine, and if you don't, that's fine, too.

So everybody's going to want to know: Are you single?

Why does everybody ask me that? That's so weird. [laughing, looking embarrassed] My feeling would be like, if I saw someone cute in a magazine or wherever, I wouldn't even care if they were single or not. I'd just be like, "How can I interfere? Who are they in a relationship with, and how can I fuck it up?" [laughter, then a pause] I am dating someone right now. He's a photographer. He just gave me a Polaroid camera -- he mainly does Polaroids -- and he's teaching me how to use it. It has a real lens so you can focus. It's a for real camera, not just a twenty dollar one you can get at a pharmacy.

In der letzten Woche habe ich mir sehr viele andere Songs von ihm angehört und heute habe ich mir das Album bei Amazon bestellt:

albumsy8.jpg

Warum ist Chris nicht auf dem Cover zu sehen?

Chris meint, das es Leuten egal sein soll wer dieses Album aufgenommen hat. Leute sollen auf die Musik achten und nicht auf den Künstler.

Hier ein kleines Review vom Album:

http://www.plattentests.de/rezi.php?show=4669

Auf dieser Seite gibt es noch zwei Live-Songs -wirklich Smilie

http://www.blogotheque.net/article.php3?id_article=2889

Hier noch ein letztes Bild!

ryanspeth1adjeg1.jpg

Und nun eure Meinung!!! :)